Comments

Leave a Comment for Steve

Fields marked with * are required.
Your E-mail address won't be published.
It's possible that your entry will only be visible in the guestbook after we reviewed it.
We reserve the right to edit, delete, or not publish entries.
34 entries.
Suzanne Fletcher Suzanne Fletcher wrote on October 26, 2020 at 2:18 pm:
Steve came along to kindly perform a intimate and well received gig at the weekend. The venue was Peel Juice bar. We managed to raise some smiles, laughter and a few pounds for my community based project. Everyone enjoyed it. You Blew the roof off. We have booked Steve again for January. Steve is one of those special songwriting talents. Some of your lyrics sound like classics from the best songs written by legends. Catchy, relaxing and we were all singing Steve's original tunes by the end of the set. Really enjoyed it. i I could listen o you all night. You have a very chilled but commanding presence that entices the audience in. Thank you once again Steve. Suzanne MK ( Founder of Skateboarders Paradise Mk)
Tom Bulman Tom Bulman wrote on August 27, 2020 at 5:28 pm:
Last month I met Steve and played some toons with him in Colin's back garden in Wolverton. He was inspiring to play with, really interested in talking about the lyrics and my amateur efforts to keep up with his guitar on sax. I got a strong sense of him caring about the people he plays music with, whatever their experience and interests, interested to get to know new people. Not in a rush. Helluva nice voice too. It was good to get more of him on this album. Long may he travel!
Bob Bob wrote on August 20, 2020 at 10:26 am:
After some great Saturday night sessions, it has been lovely to listen to Steve's new offering - each album gets better. Particularly like the arrangement on Before I lay my head down - one that keeps coming back into my head as I cycle the lonely lanes of rural France. Keep it up Steve.
Pat Bradley-White Pat Bradley-White wrote on August 16, 2020 at 12:38 pm:
Steve's most recent album, The Gods Will Decide offers inspired lyrics paired with an equally rich delivery! Lyrics that artfully touch our inner selves, leaving us all hungry for more.
Sarah Biswell Sarah Biswell wrote on August 10, 2020 at 6:01 pm:
Linda Whittingham Linda Whittingham wrote on August 2, 2020 at 6:44 pm:
Classic story telling music with melodic tunes that soothe the soul. All the songs on this album keep you listening from the beginning to the end and make you want more. A must buy album.
Sarah Biswell Sarah Biswell wrote on August 2, 2020 at 6:15 pm:
The Gods will decide...... is a new album for a new age. Excellent lyrics and after the first play of "Journeyman" or "Together again" if you do not get your feet tapping or at least dancing, you do not deserve ears!! Avignon is a personal favourite. It's a fantastic album. Treat yourself. It's worth it.
Jez Murray Jez Murray wrote on July 17, 2020 at 1:48 pm:
Steve's live streaming 'ironing board' sessions have been utterly enthralling and I bought all of his albums immediately ? #/Alcatraz #Ghosts
steve gifford steve gifford wrote on July 15, 2020 at 9:05 am:
I really appreciate all the positive comments about The Gods will decide, album. Stevex
Marion Marion wrote on July 14, 2020 at 9:37 pm:
Thanks for the cd the gods will decide, i love your songs and really enjoyed listening to it x
Alan Smedley Alan Smedley wrote on July 14, 2020 at 7:04 pm:
What a great album 'The Gods Will Decide' , my favourite track 'Journeyman' reminds me of my youth, frequenting local folk clubs, and the simple prominence of Steve's guitar in 'Now That I've Found You' is another track I can't stop playing. I'm sure there will come a time when I want to change my favouite car CD .... maybe that will be when Steve brings out a new album.
beverley cummin beverley cummin wrote on July 14, 2020 at 7:03 pm:
Love your music and lyrics really tell a story!
Sasha Sasha wrote on July 14, 2020 at 4:17 pm:
It was so much fun to record, compose some of the cello parts and be a part of this special album. Steve is a unique person and I love him very much. His music is fun to listen to. Hope everyone enjoys!! Hugs from Valencia!
Linda Edney Linda Edney wrote on July 14, 2020 at 3:01 pm:
Absolutely beautiful music, I love both the lyrics and the wonderful acoustic guitar melody’s..just magical. Been so restful to listen too during my quarantine! Thanks Steve
Karen Pine Karen Pine wrote on July 14, 2020 at 2:27 pm:
Steve is an incredibly talented singer-songwriter and his albums feature soulful tunes that ooze atmosphere, powerful lyrics and unforgettable melodies. The album The Gods Will Decide in particular has some terrific tracks that, once heard, stay with the listener for a long time.
Marion Marion wrote on July 12, 2020 at 10:31 pm:
Thanks for the cd the gods will decide, i really enjoyed it x
Mairi Mairi wrote on May 29, 2016 at 2:24 pm:
Would like to hear more!
The Venue@24 The Venue@24 wrote on October 9, 2014 at 4:51 pm:
..Sending you thanks from all up here in scotland, staff and guests loved every second here at venue24.... take care and all the best ...:) spike (manager venue24 )
PAUL DREWERY PAUL DREWERY wrote on September 8, 2014 at 3:06 pm:
Hey there was just wondering if I could cover you song A Womans Love, I change the lyrics,, is that okay ? thank you Paul
George George wrote on March 18, 2014 at 5:01 pm:
Just a quick message to say I really enjoyed the gig at the stables and look forward to hearing your new album later this year!
Rusty Rusty wrote on March 14, 2014 at 10:58 am:
Great website! It looks really good! Keep up the excellent work!
Liz Liz wrote on March 5, 2014 at 4:11 am:
Saw the band for a second time last weekend. Elegant, beautifuly crafted lyrics and arrangements. A thoroughly enjoyable evening, it would be very hard to tire of this music.
Pauline & Willy Pauline & Willy wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:29 pm:
What a fantastic night you did for us at the Yew Tree in Warminster on Saturday. It was one of our best and we can\'t wait for you to come back. Make sure you include us on your next tour. Fabulous mix of music.
Nick P Nick P wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:28 pm:
Hi Steve Terrific concert at Wavenden on the 24th. The addition of Hilary made a great difference to the sound effect - in a good way! There was a real liberty in your performance, you seemed to enjoy yourself throughout the whole evening. It was brilliant, I can\'t wait to get the CD when it comes out. Thank you, Steve.
Chris & Phil Chris & Phil wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:27 pm:
Hi Steve (Ian and Simon too) We really enjoyed it and will certainly come and see you again. Please do let us know when and where you\'ll be playing in the near future and we\'ll do our best to be there. Love the \'Boy on the Beach\' CD too...been listening to it whilst I paint...great stuff! 🙂 All the best Chris Gallagher
Paul Daley Paul Daley wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:26 pm:
Hi Steve Both my wife and I really enjoyed your gig at the Stables on Saturday 10th March Great versions of the Bad Company and Cat Stevens numbers with some excellent and heartfelt original solo material When you were joined by the band the songs were lively, foot-tappingly good with some lovely and haunting guitar work and unusual ( to me anyway ) drum riffs All in all it was a great set Paul Daley
Nick Crisell Nick Crisell wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:25 pm:
Many thanks for sending me acopy of your promo cd I enjoyed it a lot. Particularly liked Fly The Seven Seas reminded me a little of Nick Drake. I write the \' disjointed ramblings \' column for a local magazine called Round and About ,basically whats on in the area. I have given your next gig at the Farnham Maltings a bit of a write up I\'m sure it will be very popular.Best of luck.
Brewster Brewster wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:24 pm:
Hi Steve, Thanks very much for the invite to the Dunstable gig in June - I\'ll try and make it. JUst sent off for the promo CD, sounds good from what I\'ve heard. I\'ve been playing with a fellow singer songwriter from not a million miles away from Dunstable - St Albans - called Peter (Pete) Waters. Woth checking out his Myspace log. I\'m a mandolin (and banjo) player and contribute mando and harmonica on his new album which was launced last year at the Stables Art Centre in St Albans - worth checking that venue out for your own use? Anyways, all the best with the album and hopefully see yous in June if not before (ie why are you never it seems playing Central London or even London proper - Dunstable doesn\'t count!) Brewster
Stuart Gordon Stuart Gordon wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:24 pm:
Steve gave a great set to a crowd of 3,000 at Martlesham\'s Music On The Green in Suffolk on Saturday 10th July. It was a delight to actually here live versions of songs from the album. If you were not on of the 3,000 you missed a storming set. Well done Steve - it was treat to have you. Stuart Gordon Musical Director Music On The Green
Beverley Caspall Beverley Caspall wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:23 pm:
Hi Steve, Just emailing to say that yes we would like book you and your band for the Jazz \'n\' Folk Sunday on June 20 2010.. The fee £300 for you and the band to perform. Details and contracts to follow. I will speak to you soon, I am so sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, I have being busy else were. Regards Beverley
George Horler George Horler wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:21 pm:
The site looks and great Steve. It is also nice and easy to use for some one like me. The songs sound superb and it was great watching the clip of Alcatraz. Brilliant memories. I feel proud to have been a part of it. I have signed up for my ep by the way!! Love to you the band and your family. Speak soon George
Ben Ben wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:20 pm:
Really good website steve looking forward to the new album and hopefully coming to see you next gig!
Ian Ian wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:19 pm:
Like the new website. From what I\'ve heard the new album is sounding great. Keep music live!
Karen Karen wrote on February 13, 2014 at 7:18 pm:
Fantastic! There are some brilliant tracks on here, I love Knoll\'s Wood and found myself humming Blue for days afterwards.